Thursday 16 June 2016

Leaving - what will we miss


Tuesday 7th June

Departing for Beijing I'm both excited and nervous about what I'll be doing for the next 6 weeks. Today I'm pausing for a couple of milliseconds on what I'll be missing.

Wimbledon is at the heart of my summer in London so it's a real wrench. I can't decide whether it's better on the opening days when lots of courts are in action or in the second week when the matches are more even.

Opera in the outdoors or in the country is best in June and July so it's a sacrifice to miss out. One of these years I'm going to do a music festival - but not this year.

London generally improves when the sun shines but I expect there'll be some sun where I'm going.

On the plus side, the builders have been slow to arrive: originally planned for April and then May they arrived last week to start the 10!weeks of works: oh dear I'm going to miss most of it.

And lastly I'm missing three weeks of the referendum. I've cast my postal vote and done my bit and I've had quite enough 'national debate'.





No comments:

Post a Comment